Fun_People Archive
24 Mar
A Vapid Death

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 93 16:23:36 PST
To: Fun_People
Subject: A Vapid Death

 From: Daniel.Steinberg@Eng.Sun.COM (Daniel Steinberg) new meaning to the term "he got beaned"...
--- Forwarded mail from (Jad DeFanti)

Terrible diet and room with no ventilation are being blamed on the
death of a men who was killed by his own gas.  There was no mark on his
body but autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system.
His diet had consisted of beans (they said what kind; I forgot)
cabbage (and a couple other things).  It was just the right
combination of foods.

It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing from the
poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed.  The ME said, had he
been outside or had his windows opened it wouldn't have been fatal but
the man was shut up in his near airtight bedroom.  He was "...a big
man with a huge capacity for creating [this deadly gas]."  Three of the
rescue workers got sick and one was hospitalized.

[=] © 1993 Peter Langston []