Fun_People Archive
8 Oct
Errors in certification...

Date: Fri,  8 Oct 93 17:50:25 PDT
To: Fun_People
Subject: Errors in certification...

 From: WEIRDNUZ.294 (News of the Weird, September 24, 1993)
 From: Chuck Shepherd

* In January near Alvin, Tex., Andrea Guerero, 18, and
her brother came across a man who was slumped over the
wheel of his truck and not breathing, and Andrea
administered CPR until an ambulance arrived to take the
victim to a hospital, where he recovered.  Guerero was
on her way home from a CPR certification exam, which
she had flunked. [Dallas Morning News-AP, Jan93] 

* Two doctors, writing in a December 1992 issue of the
British Medical Journal, reported that a teenager,
hospitalized after a fall from an apartment building,
came down with a severe bacterial infection.  The
doctors traced the infection to holy water sprinkled on
him by his aunt, who was trying to help him survive the
injuries from his fall. [Globe & Mail, 12-18-92] 

Copyright 1993, Universal Press Syndicate.  All rights
reserved.  Released for the personal use of readers. 
No commercial use may be made of the material or of the
name News of the Weird.

[=] © 1993 Peter Langston []