Top Ten Reasons Why the White House Staff Like the Internet
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 10:58:53 PDT
Subject: Top Ten Reasons Why the White House Staff Like the Internet
Forwarded-by: bostic@vangogh.CS.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic)
Forwarded-by: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
Forwarded-by: bt728@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Michelle Patricia Kautz)
Forwarded-by: AL@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU (Al Schwartz, x3968)
Forwarded-by: IN%"Tim.Finin@cs.umbc.edu" "Timothy Finin"
TOP TEN REASONS WHY THE WHITE HOUSE STAFF LIKE THE INTERNET
This list provided by Tom Kalil, the David Letterman of the Clinton/Gore
administration. Kalil gave the closing keynote at INET'94/JENC5 in
Prague on Friday, June 17, and included this list in his talk about NII
efforts in the United States.
10. Surfing the Web is more fun than going to meetings.
9. Even reading old RFCs is more fun than going to meetings.
8. On the Internet, no one knows you're a bureaucrat.
7. It's how we get our daily marching orders from Vint Cerf,
Tony Rutkowski, and Dave Farber.
6. It's hard to write your X.400 address on a cocktail napkin.
5. We get all that great electronic fan mail on the Clipper Chip.
4. We have access to the Top Secret Air Force server with cool gifs
of UFOs and little green men.
3. We're still hoping to get on Carl Malamud's "Geek of the Week."
2. We love getting flamed by rabid libertarians on "com-priv."
1. We can send e-mail FROM email@example.com.
© 1994 Peter Langston