The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 16:43:50 PDT
Subject: The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Forwarded-by: bostic@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic)
Forwarded-by: firstname.lastname@example.org (Helmut Muehl-Kuehner)
Forwarded-by: kat@vulcan (Kathie Sarin)
From: the InfoBahn...
A colleague recently congratulated a new mother within the company on her
"on-time delivery of Release 1." I felt compelled to point out a few
differences between delivering our software and delivering their bouncing
bundle of joy:
1. They didn't have to satisfy anybody else's specs.
2. They only had to get the hardware to work once.
3. No QA. All of the bugs are going to be worked out after delivery.
4. Only one release at a time, on one platform.
5. She gets weeks off from work immediately following delivery.
One similarity: "The quality goes in before the name goes on."
© 1994 Peter Langston