1-800-444-1555 -- Thank you, Exxon
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 19:14:51 -0700
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Subject: 1-800-444-1555 -- Thank you, Exxon
From: lanih@info.SIMS.Berkeley.EDU (Lani Herrmann)
From: Tom Wheaton
From: Doug Morrison
From: Antonio Quinones-Rivera
From: kevin john geiger <email@example.com>
Exxon Corporation has set up/paid for a 1-800 line to contact US Senators.
It is under the auspices of a group that wants to refine the environmental
laws and the regulatory tendency of US environmental policy. The thing to
remember is that EXXon is paying. Anyway, a small group in Boulder has been
trying to get this number out to the other side, if Exxon is providing we
shall take. They pay the bill but the caller is simply connected to the
office of a US Senator.
1) Dail 1-800-444-1555
2) They will give you a short recorded message.
3) Follow instructions if you have a touch tone phone, public ones work
best and they have other advantages. :>
4) Enter a zip code...they ask for yours but it doesn't have to be...it
can be any in the US.
5) Make a choice of the elected politician's office you want to be
6) When the staff person answers you are set to discuss the proposed
environmental reform regulations, OR ANY OTHER ISSUE YOU WANT!
Couple of tricks...we found they limit the number of calls to 3 from each
number. Solution: public phones are everywhere...enjoy Exxon's corporate
attempt to influence "grassroots democracy".
© 1995 Peter Langston