TV Nation Polls From The NBC Days
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 11:01:08 -0700
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Subject: TV Nation Polls From The NBC Days
Forwarded-by: email@example.com (Keith Bostic)
Forwarded-by: Larry Hunter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Veronica Moore <TVNatFans@AOL.COM>
* TV NATION POLLS FROM THE NBC DAYS *
From a telephone survey of 204 Americans, Spring 1993
- 65% of all Americans believe that frozen pizza will never be any
good and there's nothing science can do about it.
- 10% of the American public would pay $5 to see Senator Orrin
Hatch (R - Utah) fight a big mean dog on Pay TV. 86% of all
viewers would root for the dog. 100% of women viewers would
root for the dog.
- 45% of Americans think rain doesn't feel as good in real life as
it seems to in the movies.
- 16% of Perot voters believe "if dolphins were really smart, they
could get out of those nets."
- 65% of American women believe there is "a lot of difference"
between a campaign contribution and a bribe. Only 35% of men
see a difference
- 70% of American women have never had an emotionally
satisfactory relationship with a Republican
From a telephone survey of 229 Americans, Summer 1994
- In the past year 36% of Americans have chanted "We're Number
One!" Only 22% of Bush voters have chanted "We're Number
- 62% of Americans believe a trip to a major theme park is more
culturally enriching than a trip to the Reagan Library
- 39% of Americans believe that guns are not "as dangerous as they say".
- 15% of Americans wish Dennis Hopper would go back on drugs.
- 29% of Americans believe that Elvis was right to shoot TV sets.
- 29% of Perot voters say "The candidate I vote for usually loses."
- 11% of Americans that suffer from indigestion would rather retake
the SAT than watch a Jesse Helms filibuster.
- 12.5% of Americans that voted for Clinton believe that they will
someday be told "just what Victoria's Secret is." 98% of
Bush voters believe they will never know.
- 88% of Bush voters "have no idea what rappers are talking about."
- 14% of Americans surveyed agreed that Puerto Rico should not be
the 51st state because "that extra star would make the flag
From a telephone survey of 208 Americans, Winter 1994
- 35% of Americans believe Richard Nixon went to heaven. 59%
believe he went "someplace else."
- 34% of those who voted Republican in the last election believe
"Forrest Gump" was a documentary.
© 1995 Peter Langston