UM Football entrance exam
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 95 13:38:13 -0800
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Subject: UM Football entrance exam
Forwarded-by: Lani Herrmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: Nancy L Watterson wrote:
Forwarded-by: Christvs Avgvstvs <email@example.com>
Forwarded-by: Brett <bt@UDel.Edu>
UM ENTRANCE EXAM- FOOTBALL PLAYER VERSION
Time Limit: 3 WKS
1. What language is spoken in France?
2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with
particular reference to architecture, literature, law and social
-OR- give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.
3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to
(a) build a bridge
(b) sail the ocean
(c) lead an army or
(d) WRITE A PLAY
4. What religion is the Pope?
(e) Agnostic (check only one)
5. Metric conversion. How many feet is 0.0 meters?
6. What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little
hand is on the 5?
7. How many commandments was Moses given? (approximately)
8. What are people in America's far north called?
9. Spell -- Bush, Carter and Clinton
10. Six kings of England have been called George, the last one being
George the Sixth. Name the previous five.
11. Where does rain come from?
(b) a 7-11
(d) the sky
12. Can you explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity?
13. What are coat hangers used for?
14. The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country?
15. Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium
-OR-spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.
16. Where is the basement in a three story building located?
17. Which part of America produces the most oranges?
(a) New York
18. Advanced math. If you have three apples how many apples do you
19. What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?
20. The Cornell University tradition for efficiency began when
(c) still waiting
*You must answer three or more questions correctly to qualify
© 1995 Peter Langston