If Microsoft built cars ...
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 96 17:48:18 -0800
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Subject: If Microsoft built cars ...
Forwarded-by: "Jack D. Doyle" <doylej@PEAK.ORG>
The top nine things that would be different if Microsoft built cars.
1. A particular model of year wouldn't be available until AFTER that
year, instead of before.
2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy
a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, you'd have to
restart it. For some reason, you would have to just accept this.
4. You could only have one person at a time in your car, unless you
bought a car '95 or a car NT, but then you'd have to buy more seats.
5. Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was solar powered, twice as
reliable, and 5 times as fast, but would run on only 5% of the roads.
6. The oil, alternator, gas, and engine warning lights would be replaced
with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
7. People would get excited about the "new" features in Microsoft cars,
forgetting completely that they had been available in other brands
8. We'd all have to switch to MSGas(tm) for fuel to run them.
9. New seats will force everyone to have the same size butt.
© 1996 Peter Langston