Date: Tue, 13 Feb 96 18:25:07 -0800
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Subject: Travel plans.
Forwarded-by: email@example.com (Keith Bostic)
Forwarded-by: Carl Staelin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: email@example.com (J. Stuart Read)
The International Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus polled its
members to discover the strangest questions they have been asked by visitors.
Here are the top 10:
1. Do you have a map of the Iditarod Trail? We'd like to go for a walk now.
(Anchorage, Alaska CVB)
2. Which beach is closest to the water?
(Florida Space Coast Office of Tourism)
3. Have we made peace with the Indians?
(Scottsdale, Arizona Chamber of Commerce)
4. Where can we find Amish hookers? We want to buy a quilt.
(Pennsylvania Dutch CVB)
5. What is the official language of Alaska?
(Fairbanks, Alaska CVB)
6. What's the best time of year to watch deer turn into elk?
(Denver Metro CVB)
7. Where are Scarlet and Rhett buried and are they buried together?
(Cobb County, Georgia CVB)
8. If you go to a restaurant in Idaho and you don't want any kind of potato
with your meal, will they ask you to leave?
(Boise, Idaho CVB)
9. I am trying to build a flying saucer. Where do I go for help?
(San Jose, California CVB)
10. Where can I find a listing of jazz funerals for the month? I'd like to
bring a group of students down to attend one.
(New Orleans Metropolitan CVB)
© 1996 Peter Langston