Kids Say the Darndest Things -- Golly!
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 96 21:00:28 -0700
Subject: Kids Say the Darndest Things -- Golly!
Forwarded-by: "Jennifer Pardilla" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: Cory Nelson <email@example.com>
Forwarded-by: Deborah Bruce <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: Jessica LaPlant <email@example.com>
Forwarded-by: Kim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: Greg Lepine <email@example.com>
Kids say the darndest things. Some grade school teachers must agree
with that, because they keep journals of amusing things their students
have written in papers. Here are a few examples:
- The future of "I give" is "I take."
- The parts of speech are lungs and air.
- The inhabitants of Moscow are called Mosqitoes.
- A census taker is man who goes from house to house increasing the
- Water is composed of two gins. Oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin.
Hydrogin is gin and water.
- (Define H2O and CO2.) H2O is hot water and CO2 is cold water.
- A virgin forest is a forest where the hand of man has never set foot.
- The general direction of the Alps is straight up.
- A city purifies its water supply by filtering the water then forcing it
through an aviator.
- Most of the houses in France are made of plaster of Paris.
- The people who followed the Lord were called the 12 oppossums.
- The spinal column is a long bunch of bones. The head sits on the top
and you sit on the bottom.
- We do not raise silk worms in the United States, because we get our silk
from rayon. He is a larger worm and gives more silk.
- One of the main causes of dust is janitors.
- A scout obeys all to whom obedience is due and respects all duly
- One by-product of raising cattle is calves.
- To prevent head colds, use an agonizer to spray into the nose until it
drips into the throat.
- The four seasons are salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.
- The climate is hottest next to the Creator.
- Oliver Cromwell had a large red nose, but under it were deeply religious
- The word trousers is an uncommon noun because it is singular at the top
and plural at the bottom.
- Syntax is all the money collected at the church from sinners.
- The blood circulates through the body by flowing down one leg and up the
- In spring, the salmon swim upstream to spoon.
- Iron was discovered because someone smelt it.
- In the middle of the 18th century, all the morons moved to Utah.
- A person should take a bath once in the summer, not so often in the
© 1996 Peter Langston