Dropout Gates Gift to Harvard - No Hard Feelings...
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 96 12:41:36 -0800
Subject: Dropout Gates Gift to Harvard - No Hard Feelings...
Forwarded-by: the potsmaster <email@example.com>
From: Jerry Callen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Here are some numbers from the WSJ article about the Harvard
contributions (sort of a mini Harper's Index):
- Amount given to Harvard by Bill Gates, who dropped out in 1975: $15M
- Amount given by Steve Ballmer, a Microsoft VP, who graduated from
Harvard in 1977: $10M
- Amount of charitable donations made by Gates so far: $270M
- Amount given by Gates to University of Washington: $34M
- Amount given by Gates to Stanford University: $6M
- Bill Gates' worth: about $19.1B
- Percentage of worth given away by Gates so far: 1.4
I wonder if he'll tithe? He's only got another $1.6B to go.
© 1996 Peter Langston