Numbers You Always Wanted to Know...
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 97 23:01:59 -0800
Subject: Numbers You Always Wanted to Know...
Forwarded-by: email@example.com (Susan Howell)
Forwarded-by: Nathan Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: email@example.com (Ken Bibb)
ARE YOU NORMAL?
- Only 30% of us can flare our nostrils. (22% try it when they read this)
- 21% of us don't make our bed daily. 5% of us never do.
- Men do 29% of laundry each week. Only 7% of women trust their husbands
to do it correctly.
- 40% of women have hurled footwear at a man.
- 85% of men don't use the slit in their underwear.
- 67.5% of men ware tightie whities (briefs).
- The average bra size today is 36C whereas 10 years ago it was a 34B.
- 85% of women wear the wrong bra size.
- 3 out of 4 of us store our dollar bills in rigid order with singles
leading up to higher denominations.
- 13% of us admit to occassionally doing our offspring's homework.
- 91% of us lie regularly.
- 27% admit to cheating on a test or quiz.
- 29% admit they've intentionally stolen something from a store.
- 50% admit they regularly sneak food into movie theaters to avoid the high
prices of snack foods.
- 90% believe in divine retribution.
- 10% believe in the 10 Commandments.
- 82% believe in an afterlife.
- 45% believe in ghosts.
- 13% (mostly men) have spent a night in jail.
- 29% of us are virgins when we marry.
- 58.4% have called into work sick when we weren't.
- 10% of us switch tags in the store to pay less for an item.
- Over 50% believe in spanking - but only a child over 2 years old.
- 35% give to charity at least once a month.
- How far would you go for $10 million? 25% would abandon their friends,
family, and church. 7% would murder.
- 69% eat the cake before the frosting.
- When nobody else is around, 47% drink straight from the carton.
- 85% of us will eat Spam this year.
- 70% of us drink orange juice daily.
- Snickers is the most popular candy.
- 22% of us skip lunch daily.
- 9% of us skip breakfast daily.
- 66% of us eat cereal regularly.
- 22% of all restaurant meals include french fries.
- 14% of us eat the watermelon seeds.
- Only 13% brush our teeth from side to side.
- 45% use mouthwash every day.
- 22% leave the glob of toothpaste in the sink.
- The typical shower is 101 degrees F.
- Nearly 1/3 of U.S. women color their hair.
- 9% of women and 8% of men have had cosmetic surgery.
- 53% of women will not leave the house without makeup on.
- 58% of women paint their nails regularly.
- 62% of us pop our zits.
- 33% of women lie about their weight.
- 10% of us claim to have seen a ghost.
- 57% have had deja vu.
- 49% believe in ESP.
- 4 out of 5 of us have suffered from hemorrhoids.
- The average girl starts her period at age 12.
- 44% have broken a bone.
- Only 30% of us know our cholesterol level.
- 14% have attended a self-help meeting.
- 15% regularly go to a shrink.
- 78% would rather die quickly than live in a retirement home.
- 46.5% of men say they ALWAYS put the seat down after they've used the
toilet, yet women claim to ALWAYS find it up.
- 30% of us refuse to sit on a public toilet seat.
- 54.2% of us always wash our hands after using the toilet.
- 23.5% admit they don't always flush.
- 45.2% pee in the shower.
- 44.9% pee in the ocean.
- 28.1% pee in the pool.
- 55.2% will let someone else come in the bathroom while they're using the
- 39% of us peek in our host's bathroom cabinet. 17% have been caught by
- 81.3% would tell an acquaintance to zip his pants.
- 29% of us ignore RSVP.
- 71.6% of us eavesdrop.
- 22% are functionally illiterate.
- Less than 10% are trilingual.
- 37% claim to know how to use all the features on their VCR.
- 53% prefer ATM machines over tellers.
- 56% of women do the bills in a marriage.
- 2 out of 3 of us wouldn't give up our spouse even for a night for a
- 20% of us have played in a band at one time in our life.
- 40% of us have had music lessons.
- 44% reuse tinfoil.
- 57% save pretty gift paper to reuse.
- 66% of women and 59% of men have used a mix to cook and taken credit for
doing it from scratch.
- 53% read their horoscopes regularly.
- 16% of us have forgotten our own wedding anniversary (mostly men).
- 59% of us say we're average-looking.
- Blacks are more than twice as likely to call themselves beautiful.
- 90% of us depend on alarm clocks to wake us.
- 53% of us would take advice from Anne Landers.
- 28% of us have skinny-dipped. 14% with the opposite sex.
- 51% of adults dress up for a Halloween festivity.
- On average, we send 38 Christmas cards every year.
- 20% of women consider their parents to be their best friends.
- 2 out of 5 have married their first love.
- The biggest cause of matrimonial fighting is money.
- Only 4% asked the parents' approval for their bride's hand.
- 1 in 5 men proposed on his knees.
- 6% propose over the phone.
- 71% can drive a stick-shift car.
- 45% of us consistantly follow the speed limit.
- 2/3 of us speed up at a yellow light.
- 1/3 of us don't wear seat belts.
- 12% of men never use their car blinkers.
- 44% of men tailgate to speed up the person in front of them.
- 25% of us drive after we've been drinking.
- 4 out of 5 sing in the car.
- The average sexual experience lasts about 39 minutes.
- Men say the average erect penis is 10". Women say it's 4".
- 56% of men have had sex at work.
- 1 in 3 of us have had an extramarital affair.
- 62% think there is nothing wrong with affairs.
- 60% of men and 54% of women have had a 1-night stand.
- The most common fantasy is oral sex.
- Women buy 4 out of every 10 condoms sold.
- 8% of us have regular anal sex.
- 58% like dirty talk during sex.
- 22% rent porno flicks at least once.
© 1997 Peter Langston