Fourteen Things The Movies Taught Us...
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 98 19:34:18 -0700
Subject: Fourteen Things The Movies Taught Us...
Forwarded-by: Debbie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1. During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip
joint at least once.
2. All beds have special L-shaped top sheets which reach up to armpit
level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
3. It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in
the control tower to talk you down.
4. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but
will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
5. Large loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the price
range of most people - whether they are employed or not.
6. At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.
7. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from
8. If you decide to start dancing in the street everyone you bump into
will know all the steps.
9. Should you decide to defuse a bomb don't worry which wire to cut. You
will always choose the right one.
10. Any laptop computers is powerful enough to override the communications
system of any invading alien society.
11. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a martial arts
fight - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by
dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out
12. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom
will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
13. When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each
14. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three
days before their retirement.
© 1998 Peter Langston