The Comedian's-eye View of 05/06/99
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Fri, 7 May 99 15:11:40 -0700
Subject: The Comedian's-eye View of 05/06/99
Excerpted-from: 05/06/99 -- ShopTalk
Thursday May 6, 1999
"I've heard 'em on those talk shows actually say it:
'A Jewish life has to be avenged.'"
- O.J. Simpson, telling "Hard Copy" why he thinks the media
were interested in covering the murder of Ron Goldman
Charlton Heston has been re-elected president of the NRA. He will push
the organization's new slogan. "Crazy 'bout my gun."
Jesse Jackson negotiated the release of American POWs in Belgrade. "It's
not surprising Slobodan Milosevic was willing to listen to Jackson. He's
so open with other ethnic groups." (Dennis Miller)
NATO ordered a $70,000 conference table. "The table is so strong, it can
stand on its own without any U.S. involvement." (Joe Kevany)
Radio's Casey Kasem turned 67 on Tuesday. "Up a notch from last week
at 66." (Dennis Miller)
The Essential David Letterman: Other death defying stunts Robbie Knievel
9. Moving show from NBC to CBS
8. Screwing up Oprah Winfrey's lunch order.
6. Spending a week in glass coffin with nothing but a Walkman and 'N Sync
3. Trying to cut in line for "Star Wars" tickets.
1. Parachuting off mountain of unsold copies of "Monica's Story."
More than 600,000 refugees have fled Kosovo, and hundreds of thousands more
are homeless. "But on the bright side, Richard Gere is in town to sign head
shots." (Jon Stewart)
© 1999 Peter Langston