Some useful information about Bounce and Coke?
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 100 13:38:03 -0800
Subject: Some useful information about Bounce and Coke?
X-Lib-of-Cong-ISSN: 1098-7649 -=[ Fun_People ]=-
[Caveat emptor... -psl]
Forwarded-by: Jack Doyle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Forwarded-by: "Laer Haider" <email@example.com>
[Apparently from the book "Polish Your Furniture with Panty Hose" by Joey
Green. Copyright 1995. Reprinted with permissionm. For further strange
product uses, see www.wackyuse.com. -psl]
BOUNCE....the fabric softener sheets you use in the dryer..
* Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when
outdoors during mosquito season.
* Eliminates static electricity from your television screen. Since Bounce
is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen
with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
* Dissolves soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a used sheet of
* Freshens the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in
a drawer or hang one in the closet.
* Prevents thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of
Bounce to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing.
* Eliminates static cling from pantyhose. Rub a damp, used sheet of Bounce
over the hose.
* Prevents musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside
empty luggage before storing.
* Freshens the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front
[Freshens!!? Eeeeeuuuuuuuwwwww! See what I mean about caveat emptor? -psl]
* Cleans baked-on food from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in the pan, fill
with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agents
apparently weaken the bond between the food and the pan while the fabric
softening agents soften the baked-on food.
* Eliminates odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom
of the wastebasket.
* Collects cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will
magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
* Eliminates static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with
a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
* Wipes up sawdust from drilling or sandpapering. A used sheet of Bounce
will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
* Eliminates odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce
at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
* Deodorizes shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or
sneakers overnight so they'll smell great in the morning.
[Great?! I guess it takes all kinds... -psl]
* To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl the "real
thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
stains from vitreous china.
* To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a
crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
* To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
* To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the
rusted bolt for several minutes.
* To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap
the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is
finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke
for a sumptuous brown gravy.
* To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy
clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will
help loosen grease stains.
* It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
and... WE CAN DRINK IT TOO!!
[But will it remove the nauseating scum that Bounce leaves on your hands? -psl]
© 2000 Peter Langston