Instructions for Life
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 100 03:56:05 -0700
Subject: Instructions for Life
X-Lib-of-Cong-ISSN: 1098-7649 -=[ Fun_People ]=-
Forwarded-by: Bob Stein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The following is taken from a Nepalese good luck mantra.
You may find it worth reading and sharing:
I N S T R U C T I O N S F O R L I F E
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R's:
Respect for self
Respect for others and
Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct
8. Spend some time alone.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think
back,you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life. Do
all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation.
Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each
other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Call your mother.
20. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
"Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you."
-- Old Farmer's Almanac
© 2000 Peter Langston