What Ensues? The Top 10 Dot-Sitcoms
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 100 09:21:12 -0800
Subject: What Ensues? The Top 10 Dot-Sitcoms
X-Lib-of-Cong-ISSN: 1098-7649 -=[ Fun_People ]=-
Forwarded-by: Jack Doyle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Excerpted-from: CNET Digital Dispatch November 23, 2000, Vol 6, No. 47
Top 10 Dot-Sitcoms
News is out that ABC will be running a new half-hour show titled "Dot
Comedy" (read the story at
http://one.digital.cnet.com/cgi-bin1/flo?y=eBJP0ETZA0k0dVn4 ). Is this
the start of a trend? Just in case, we've come up with this list of
technofied sitcoms we're hoping to see in prime time:
1. My Three Suns: A father and his three boys decide to set up a server
farm in their basement, using just three Sun machines; wackiness ensues.
2. Suddenly Sues-'Em: Wackiness ensues as we follow the weekly
misadventures of Napster, the RIAA, Metallica, and others.
3. The Net Nanny: A cybersitter, who sounds eerily like Fran Drescher,
moves in. When she informs the Sheffield kids that they're not allowed
to visit restricted Web sites, wackiness ensues.
4. I Love Lucent: Little Ricky, all grown up, gets hired by a company that
plans to "make the Internet mobile." Finally Fred, Ethel, Ricky, and
Lucy can afford to move from their down-at-the-heels flats into a
superwired retirement home. Wackiness ensues.
5. Three's .Company: The story of one man trying to live with two
incompatible operating systems. With Don Knotts as Mr. Furley, the
goofy MIS guy, wackiness ensues.
6. C*A*S*H: "I don't think this kid's going to make it," says Hawkeye.
"Is it his heart?" B. J. asks at another table. "No, it's his stock
options," explains Winchester, and wackiness ensues.
7. Ellison's Island: When the Oracle yacht, out for a three-hour tour,
runs aground, watch Larry (as the Professor) try to construct an
enormous database server out of coconuts. Wackiness ensues.
8. The FAQs of Life: A group of teenage-girl computer science students at
boarding school decide to start their own Web site. Wackiness ensues
when they install Webcams and start streaming their pillow fights--for
9. Faulty Towers: Early shipments of Pentium 4 chips contain buggy software
code, causing crashes on thousands of minitowers; wackiness ensues.
10. Everybody Loves Redmond: A spin-off of the mega-hit "Bill & Grace."
A Washington-based couple and their kids all work for Microsoft... and
love it! Wackiness ensues.
© 2000 Peter Langston